Information That Soberjobs.com Collects
SoberJobs collects personal information that allows us to provide you with a full range of customized services. The information that we collect from our users includes the following:
Information That You Provide:
SoberJobs.com collects and retains any information that you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way, including information regarding your job search and your background. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but doing so may limit your ability to use our site or particular features and services that we offer.
- Correspondence: In order to receive support from, or correspond with, SoberJobs.com you may choose to provide your email address, name, comments or other information.
- Email Alerts: In order to receive email alerts about new jobs that match your search criteria, updates about new features and services, or other notifications that you request, we require that you provide us your email address and notification preferences (example: search keywords and location).
- Registration: In order to use certain SoberJobs.com services, you must complete a registration form that requires select personal information such as full name, city, state and email address.
- User Profile & Preferences: In order to manage your job search effectively, we enable you to provide and store information about yourself, such as saved searches, bookmarks, and preferences.
SoberJobs.com offers some of our services in connection with other websites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to us in order to deliver our services to you. We collect, retain and process such information from affiliated sites in accordance with this Policy. Affiliated sites may have different privacy practices than SoberJobs and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
You must be at least 13 years of age to register to use the SoberJobs.com website. SoberJobs.com is not intended for children under 13 years of age. SoberJobs does not knowingly collect personal information about children under the age of 13. If we learn that SoberJobs.com has received information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 17 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using SoberJobs or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Use of Your Personal Information
SoberJobs.com uses your personal information as described below:
- SoberJobs.com uses the personal information that we collect to provide you with our products and services, including the display of customized content and advertising. That includes use for auditing, research and analysis for the purposes of maintaining, protecting and improving our services; developing new services; and ensuring the proper functioning of our systems and infrastructure.
- We may combine the information you submit under your SoberJobs.com account with information from other SoberJobs.com services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- SoberJobs.com processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. In some cases, that may mean that we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
- SoberJobs.com’s employees, consultants, and contractors may have access to your personal information if necessary in the normal course of our business operations.
- SoberJobs.com may provide your personal information to third parties that we have contracted with to help us deliver services or process data (such as email delivery or transaction processing). In these cases, we only disclose information to the extent we deem necessary to achieve the purpose at hand and use service providers that have provided assurances about the security and confidentiality of the data that we share.
- SoberJobs.com may share certain aggregated, non-personal information with third parties for marketing and other purposes, such as the number of visitors to our website, the search terms that those visitors used, or the number of times users clicked a particular advertisement. Such aggregated, non-personal information does not identify you individually.
- If SoberJobs.com, or any portion of its assets, is acquired by a third party, the information we have collected and stored may be among the assets transferred to the acquiring party.
SoberJobs.com has implemented procedural and technological measures intended to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, SoberJobs.com cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information improperly. You are responsible for the security of your SoberJobs.com username and password. We strongly recommend that you never share your SoberJobs login information with others and that you protect yourself against unauthorized access to your account by logging off once you have finished using any computer that is accessible to others. For your convenience, SoberJobs.com allows you to manage your email alert settings and preferences (such as search keywords and location) via links included in emails that we send to your inbox, and do not require a username or password to view alert information or change settings. If you share a SoberJobs.com email alert, the recipient will be able to access your alert settings and preferences.
SoberJobs.com respects your email preferences and will never provide your email address to a third party without your permission, except under the limited circumstances described in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section above. If you provide us your email address, SoberJobs.com may email you job alerts, account notifications, news, offers, surveys or promotions, and other communications. If you do not want to receive particular types of email from SoberJobs.com, follow the instructions contained in any unwanted email messages to notify us of your preferences. However, please note that you may continue to receive administrative emails (such as responses to forgotten password requests) and legal notices from us as long as you remain a registered user or utilize our website or services.
How to Control Your Information
- You can choose not to disclose information to SoberJobs, although doing so may limit or impair your access to our website and services.
- You can modify your email preferences to restrict or eliminate email from SoberJobs.com, subject to the limitations related to administrative emails and legal notices described in the Email Communications section above.
- You can control how your browser handles cookies from SoberJobs, although disabling cookies from SoberJobs.com may limit or impair your access to our website and services.
- You can update your information at any time on our website. However, note that when you do so we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You can request deletion of your SoberJobs.com account by contacting us.
Protect Yourself from Scams
SoberJobs.com uses automated processes to collect and present information that has been created by third parties, so we cannot assure the accuracy or legitimacy of that information. We strongly recommend that you exercise caution when providing information about yourself to others online, including when you apply for jobs found via SoberJobs.com. To protect yourself, we suggest the following:
- Never provide your social security number, credit card information, bank account details, or unnecessary personal information to a potential employer.
- Never participate in a financial transaction of any sort with a potential employer.
- Always be cautious of opportunities that sound too good to be true or require you to act as a financial intermediary, particularly for an overseas person.
Conditions of Use